So...I planned on updating this every other day, but I've been so busy and then so exhausted at the end of the day that I just didn't have time. Sorry!
Things are great here! First of all, the weather is amazing! Tiff keeps sending me the temp in Texas and I keep bragging that it hasn't broken 80 since I got here and I'm walking around in sweaters. 'Course, I probably just jinxed myself...
The sessions have been really good and eye opening. In one sense because it helps me to better understand the things that my students will be dealing with after moving around and living in a culture that's different from their own and constantly having to say goodbye and adjust to new places. But also because today we talked about our own transition to a new culture and the normal emotions that go along with that. It's nice to know that what I'm feeling is normal and that it won't last forever.
My roommate is wonderful! It's really great to be surrounded by people who are passionate about following God but who are also going to do the same thing that I am. I'm the only Budapest girl here, but there are quite a few people going to Vienna and Prague which isn't too terribly far from Budapest.
I've felt very blessed by all of the people around me, both here and back home. My wonderful friend Stacy and her family had a bake sale yesterday to raise money for me. Is that not the Body of Christ at work, or what? Not to mention all of the encouragement I've received from friends and family back home. Plus, I got to talk on the phone with my roommate in Hungary! It was such a blessing. She was very encouraging and informative and we talked for a long time and then prayed together. I'm really excited to live with her!
Just wanted to give you a quick update. There's way too much info to include here. I'm learning a lot. I'm singing in the worship band tomorrow (eek!). We go to Niagra Falls on Sunday (thanks Sarah!). I'm missing family, friends, church and of course, my sweet Wesley, but I'm excited about what God is teaching me and what He's preparing me for.
Love you all so so much!
Temps finally got to 70s and we got some rain today. Have more fun!!!
ReplyDelete