Saturday, June 23, 2012

PFO Day 1

I am now at my second training: TCK-PFO which stands for "Third Culture Kid - Pre Field Orientation"


I got spoiled at CAO in my suite with the king size bed and my own bathroom.  PFO is held at a small college in Houghton, NY (near Buffalo) and we are in teeny dorm rooms with two bathrooms and two showers per 16-20 females.  Mornings should be fun :)  I'm not complaining though.  It's kinda fun because we just throw the doors open and have a good chat.


There's not much to report today.  I was up at 4 this morning in order to catch my flight out of Houston.  I arrived in Buffalo at 4 pm and was greeted by a big group of my fellow missionary/teachers.  What's been funny has been the way we start conversations.  Normally, you ask their name, what they do, where they're from.  Now the first three questions you get are "Where are you from?" "Where are you going?" and "What are you teaching?"


We got to Houghton at around 6:30 and quickly registered and got dinner.  It's a beautiful night - more green stuff, hills, and a gorgeous temperature.  After dinner I went for a walk and took pictures of this really nice little campus.


There's not a lot going on tomorrow.  We have church tomorrow morning and then a worship team meeting (there's a possibility I'll end up singing at a few of the worship times) and then we get our advising groups.  The real stuff starts on Monday.


I'm glad to be here and excited about everything that I'm going to learn.  I had a lot of fun talking with people and hearing their different stories on the bus ride here.  It's pretty cool to be surrounded by people who love God and have the same passion for teaching.  I'm sad to be missing all of the "happenings" with my family but excited to see what God's going to teach me and how I'm going to be prepared to get into the classroom by this experience.


Here are a few pictures:




3 Guesses why I liked this building... :)

Cute little house on the corner of the campus

The first thing you see upon entering the dorm building we're in

1 comment: