I leave for Charlotte, NC early Monday morning (like 5:50 AM early). I'll be there until next Saturday doing my training for UWM. I can't believe it's already here. As my boss so aptly put it as I was leaving today, it's the beginning of the end. And that's true in so many different ways, not just in the sense she meant it regarding Wesley (which I'm not going to think about...) Life as I know it will change drastically on Monday. Barring UWM deciding that they're not accepting me, I'll be appointed a missionary on Wednesday and then the next two months will be support raising, garage sale-ing, more training, and getting ready to go. I can't believe it's finally here because it seems like it's been years since I first talked with the mobilizer. But at the same time, I can't believe it's already here. Are there really only 2 months left? Has it already been six since I first wandered onto the UWM site?
I had a skype interview with the UWM counselor yesterday. Part of the application process was filling out seven different psychological evaluations. So, we had an interview yesterday and then we'll meet again next Tuesday to go over another one. Good news - I came out normal in the mental health test. :) Hooray! It was an interesting conversation because a lot of the things he said, I already know about myself. It was cool hearing it from another person though who is a counselor and a Christian. He also connected a few things for me that blew me away. I can't believe I never put them together before!
As "homework" for this next week, I had to read portions of this book Funding Your Ministry by Scott Morton. At first, I was not excited to read it, but it turned out to be very interesting and very helpful. It opened my eyes to a lot of poor attitudes I had toward support raising. Also, one thing I really liked about it was that it has a little Bible study in the back where he gives you a lot of scripture to look through and then asks questions that I'm supposed to complete before I read his insights so that I'm forming my opinions and ideas based on scripture rather than on what he had to say. And honestly, it's something I've never had to do before and that is very intimidating, but I know that God is my true source and I'm looking forward to seeing Him work this out for His glory.
Please be praying about this week for me. I'm excited but I'm nervous too and my emotions are truly off the wall right now. I'll try and update this at some point during the week to let everyone know what's going on (while updating facebook and twitter too, I'm sure).
I love you all and I'm so excited to start this journey with you!

Man, I am SO excited for you DeAnn!! Will be keeping you in prayer this week. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Virginia! Day one has been really good and I really love all the people here. I can't wait to see God working the rest of this week! Thank you for your prayers! They mean so much to me!
DeletePraying and knowing it will be an amazing week for you!
ReplyDelete