Another tremendous day! I can't believe I've only known these people four days! What an incredible blessing all of them already are to me.
Today started out with another devotional talking about the characteristics of a leader. We took a lot of time to go through a big chunk of 2 Timothy to pick out the different things that a leader should and shouldn't be. It was a really good time of looking into the Word and seeing what a person living a life transformed by God should look like.
Today was devoted to support training. I'll spare you the details. It was both terrifying and relieving and affirming as we looked at Scripture about support raising and practiced certain aspects of it. The only thing you might find interesting is the fact that when we went around the room practicing our calls with one another, I made a complete fool of myself which has since turned into a running joke. Naturally... Ah well, what's a week with DeAnn without a fun moment of physical or verbal embarrassment? Also, where's the fun in not being able to laugh at yourself? And I learned a valuable lesson: Introduce yourself on the phone.
Very important.
Tonight was a lot of fun. We packed up the van and drove to the US Whitewater Park where we had a delicious dinner with some of the staff and then we laid out on blankets and listened to a band and watched rafts wipe out on the rapids. (this place was cool! Man-made rapids with water from a nearby river, zip lines, rock walls, team building obstacle courses, etc.) Lots of laughter, lots of deep discussion, lots of getting to know one another better.
In other news, I officially have a roommate for next year! Woohoo! We've been e-mailing back and forth the last few weeks and today she sent me an e-mail with photos from the flat she found for us (she's already in Budapest). I'm very thankful for all of her hard work in finding the place and making sure that I get to see it through photographs before I get there. I'm excited to have a roommate again and am praying that God would bless us with a deep and encouraging relationship.
Good night all! Sorry this is so brief, but it's late and I've got another day of support training tomorrow that I need to be ready and awake for!
Love you all!
Will pray about the phone contacts. I know how much you love the phone....your excitement is still flowing through your writing. Love it and love you.
ReplyDeleteYes...the phone is not my friend. But God is good and will work through my weakness - even if my weakness is phone awkwardness
DeleteLoving all of the updates! Congratulations on getting a roommate and flat lined up - WHEW, I know that's a load off of your shoulders! Will pray for God's blessings on that friendship/relationship and provision and protection for both of you. And if you need to practice a call, feel free to call us ... just remember to introduce yourself! ;-) Love you De! Can't wait to see you when you get home! ~ Lyn
ReplyDeleteI've come to realize that I actually don't introduce myself ever because most people I call have my number in their contacts.
DeleteIt's nice to have something practical like living arrangements already taken care of.
Love you! See you on Thursday!
Yeah! I am excited to have you as a roommate too! I am excited to get to talk over the phone and plan some this summer!
ReplyDelete