Friday, September 13, 2013

Year Two Begins

Year two in Hungary is in full bloom.  I've finished two and a half weeks of school, moved into my house, made multiple IKEA trips, completely furnished an unfurnished house, and hung out downtown for a national holiday.

It's been a bit of a whirlwind, to be completely honest.  This weekend is our staff retreat and while there is work to be done, at least I'm being forced to sit down and breathe a little bit.  Diana and I went on a walk this afternoon where we talked about a lot of the emotions that have been running rampant the last few weeks.  

Truthfully, I'm not really sure what to write about, I just thought you all might enjoy some pictures of my new class!

3rd, 4th, and 5th graders playing soccer at recess

Some kids are always more aware of when I have the camera out

2 of my sweet girls

Getting ready for skits about showing real joy in hard circumstances - the were Paul and Silas in jail

Skits - these two were nerds and mean boys came and knocked their books on the ground.  They ended up forgiving them and becoming friends.

With my friend, Laura, downtown on St. Istvan's Day.  We were waiting for the fireworks and I was fighting off jet lag.

The castle and Chain bridge on St. Istvan's Day

Szabadsag Hid 

Had a lot of help moving our refrigerator.  Saw some interesting methods.

Looking into our house from the hallway in the entrance

"New" dining room table and buffet

The pink couch in our living room - we still need something to put the TV on.

Full class - what a fun bunch!
Personally, it's interesting to see what God is doing in my life and what He's showing me.  There are a couple of insecurities that have been a part of my life for a long time, but it feels like over the past few years, God has brought it to light more and more often.  And I've realized that it's a prominent thing in a lot of my relationships - a need to be "the favorite."  And it's more than just a damaging thing in my relationships with people but also in my relationship with God.  So, I think that this is going to be a major thread in my life for the upcoming months.  I'll keep you updated :)


No comments:

Post a Comment