Sunday, December 30, 2012

Dusseldorf Day Two

Day Two was lovely!  Tiffany and I slept late and then ordered room service for breakfast.  I accidentally ordered two of everything so we now have breakfast for the next three days.  Oops! :)

This is only half of the food.  We couldn't fit it all on the bed.  10 points if you can figure out which movie we were watching!
We took the train into Dusseldorf and after standing in a couple of information lines, we were handed maps and left to our own devices.  Deciding to save money, we opted to walk everywhere the first day.  We stayed in old town.  It was a gorgeous day!  Temperatures were in the high 40s/low 50s and the sun was shining!  I'd love to give you details of all of the different places we went, but I can't pronounce most of the names. :)

We decided first to go to Königsallee which is a length of street with shop after shop after expensive shop.  But in the middle is a small river (a creek?) with bridges and fountains and a walking/bike path.





Within a 2 block area there were 4 different H&Ms

This fountain reminded me of Percy Jackson...it is what it is

It's her name!!!!
We also toured a couple of churches and basilicas.  They were beautiful!

I was flirting with the statue guy




Outside of the Basilica




We found a small door - I wasn't sure Tiff would be able to fit through it!


She looks like she's praying, but really she's playing on her phone

All the churches had really pretty nativity scene setups
 And then we spent some time outdoors.  It was a beautiful night with a gorgeous sunset!










1 comment:

  1. Wow De! Dusseldorf looks amazing! And it looks like you and Tiff are having an awesome time! I thought I'd send a Howdy your way and let you know that I'm loving your photography. You definitely know how to capture some great shots and make me want to visit. Have a great rest of your trip!

    (P.S. The movie looks like Pride and Prejudice (2005 version) the part where Wickham is talking to Elizabeth) Am I close?

    ReplyDelete