Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Last Days of Christmas Break

As Tiffany is packing and I want to avoid thinking about her leaving, I will update this about the final events of our vacation:

We finished our Germany vacation in Koln.  Thanks for the tip Amanda!  We saw an absolutely gorgeous, breath-taking, spectacular cathedral as well as a bunch of smaller churches.  We ate delicious jagerschnitzel, saw the wreckage after New Year's Eve fireworks, and visited the lock bridge.

Koln Cathedral - the first thing you see when you walk out of the train station
On the train after walking through the rain







The Lock Bridge

A lot of my remarks around buildings like this were, "Oooh, shiny!"

New Year's Wreckage

Some of the locks were very creative

More Churches

We liked the simplicity of this one.  It wasn't trying too hard 
When we came home, we saw Les Miserables (and have been singing the songs ever since), toured the House of Terror (a museum to the horrors and terror that the people of Hungary experienced during German and Soviet occupation, the Revolution of 1956, and communism), were taken to a very fancy restaurant by my landlord and walked around in the snow.

Ready for a night out in Budapest

We found the Whomping Willow from Harry Potter at the Kevealer Hauptbanhauf

Waiting at the gate to get back to Budapest

Sisters at the Citadella

A lovely snowy walk on her final evening here!

The fancy pants, gorgeous coffee house in Budapest


I've loved having Tiffany here!  I wish I could rewind time and do it all again.  One of the biggest blessings God has given me is my sister and the relationship we have.  It's hard not to love Tiffany though.  My landlords have spent the last day trying to convince her to move here!  But I'm so thankful that she came to visit and that I got to share part of my life here with her.

Thanks, Tiffany!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment