I leave for Charlotte a week from Monday! Yikes! I can't believe it's finally here! Sometimes it seems like there was never a time before I started thinking of overseas missions while at the same time it feels like the time has just flown by!
It's been an interesting couple of weeks. Most notably, I got to attend my sister's graduation and a friend's wedding. Both events were so great and it was wonderful to get to spend time with family and with great friends. I was talking with Amanda at the wedding and something she said to me really hit home. She said that she realized how much she had missed while in California. She wasn't wallowing or complaining, it was just a statement. She loves living in California and there are amazing experiences that she's had that she wouldn't have if she'd stayed here. But when she said that, it really verbalized something I've been feeling for the past few months. Every time I get to hang out with my family or my close friends I'm realizing that there are going to be things I miss. I might miss weddings or babies or illnesses or moves or sporting events and holidays. And that is sad. After I got home from the wedding I went for a run to clear my head and as I was praying about how sad I was that I wasn't going to be here for some of that stuff, I just had to stop. I thought to myself, "Why am I complaining to God about all of these amazing people He's blessed me with?" Yeah, it's going to be sad to miss that stuff, there's no denying that. But I'm so incredibly blessed to have people that care about me enough and that I care about enough to miss. I am extremely blessed to have the family and friends that I have and while I am going to miss them immensely, I am so excited to get to Budapest and to do what God has called me to.
I've been listening to these conversational Hungarian CDs. I can now say things like "Excuse me," "Nice weather today," "Good morning," and "I speak English." This is certainly going to be interesting. :)
Anyway, we're still working through the roommate situation which I'm praying about a lot. I'm getting a little nervous/excited about CAO next week. Then it'll be time to throw myself completely into support raising. Please be continuing to pray about how God will use you in that regard.
If you want to follow the blog, I put a follower/friends gadget over on the left under the "About me" area. You can click on the link and sign up with google or yahoo or a few other things. You'll notice that I'm listed as one of my friends...that's because I wanted to test it and I couldn't figure out how in the world to un-friend myself. Oops!
You summed up my feelings so well! I am going to miss you too, but I'm so excited for your adventure in Hungary.
ReplyDelete