Monday, April 8, 2013

Some Student Things

Today is Monday...so there are typical Monday feelings: tired, mountain of work to do, wanting to go home and crawl into bed.  But there are a few noteworthy things I'd like to mention from my class today.  (There are some noteworthy heart things taking place too, but another time, I think.)

We did prayer request time today in my class.  That's something that we do periodically.  The kids get a chance to share their prayer requests with the class and then they get a chance to pray for each other.  I let them volunteer to pray.  Well, I have 2 kids in my class who come from non-believing families who will sometimes ask for prayer for their family members but won't offer to pray.  They both know who Jesus is and can answer questions about the Cross and about what His death meant, but my prayer for them has been that they would realize that it's more than just a story and that God would become real to them.

Today, they both volunteered to pray for someone else in our class.

Thank God for answered prayers.  I'll continue praying for God to become a reality in their life, and I hope that you will join me in that.

We are also studying the Psalms and Proverbs in class right now.  Last week, one of their homework assignments was to write their own psalm.  This was one of them:

"Oh Lord, Here is my song of praise;
My God, Here is my unique poem.
This is my psalm of repetition,
I will say it again,
This is my psalm of repetition.
                                            Selah
For how many times is enough,
To repeat my praise to thee?
How can I thank my Lord to the full,
If my thankfulness is everlasting?
                                          Selah
My thankfulness stretches from the east to west;
It goes on farther than north to south.
Oh Lord, Here is my song of praise;
My God, Here is my unique poem."

Have I mentioned lately that I love my job?

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Monday mornings - they will always exist. But, there are not many jobs where one gets to outwardly praise, pray and write a Psalm on a Monday. Now THAT is cool. Thanks for sharing the spiritual growth of the kids you teach. I like to believe that there are praises being sung in heaven right now over that Psalm and that child. March on dear teacher, march on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I don't think a Monday could get better than that!

    ReplyDelete