Just a quick update about what I'm up to now:
I finished my application to UWM!!! Hooray! I don't know if I'm abnormal or if takes everyone that long, but it took me a good 2-3 weeks to finish that application. Particularly the Bible Doctrine and Theology portion took a long time. I would average an hour and half to finish one question. It was thrilling to finally hit the "submit" button once I finished it. Though, I must admit, it was a really cool experience. I knew what I thought and how I feel about doctrine but it was a great experience just thinking it through really thoroughly and digging through the Bible to find biblical support for my beliefs.
As soon as I finished, it was time to start working on my psychological evaluations. There were seven questionnaires I had to complete and send back. Then, at my training in June, I'll meet with a counselor where (I assume) we'll be discussing my answers and figuring out if I'm suited for overseas missions. *fingers crossed* ;)
Today, I registered (or attempted to at any rate) for my Pre-Field Orientation which will be in Houghton, NY. Then I answered a set of questions about my preferences in roommates to send to my potential roomies and fellow "newbies" to ICSB. Interestingly enough, I'm finding myself looking forward to having the roommate experience again. It didn't seem like much of a possibility considering how much I've loved living alone, but I'm excited!
I can't believe April is almost gone. My time at home is running out which is both thrilling (as I can't wait to get to Budapest) and sad (as I don't want to leave my family, friends, church, job) at the same time. I've been so blessed and am planning on getting in as much quality time with the people I love as I can before I go.
Love you all! Have a happy Wednesday!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on submitting your application! I'm curious what some of the questions were and your responses - you'll have to fill me in next time I see you. I'm so glad I get to see you in May! Any chance I'll get to see you once more before you go?!?!
ReplyDelete